10 Best Courses to Become a Human Resource in 2022
When it comes to choosing an online course to learn HR There are several options to pick from, including online HR certification, real-life training, and (free) online HR courses. We've compiled a list of the top 10 online HR courses for beginners to assist you to get a better perspective.
1. Preparing to Manage Human Resources by CourseraThe University of Minnesota in the United States created this 18-hour course. It teaches you the fundamentals of human resource management in an organization. It also aids you in developing your own strategy for personnel management and motivation.
After finishing this course, you will understand how to identify and recruit potential employees, as well as what motivates them and how to improve your HR skills.
2. Leading: Human Resource Management and Leadership Specialization by CourseraThis course will teach you how to analyze how to encourage employees with meaningful work and how to enable your company to meet its strategic goals. You'll also look at how you can use cooperation to develop and boost your company's productivity by using your team's diversity. This course will help you evaluate leadership ideas and build your personal leadership talents.
3. Administrative HR for Beginners by UdemyThis Udemy course provides an overview of the role and responsibilities of Human Resources. This course is for you if you are a small business owner who wants to learn more about HR, someone searching for a position in HR or an administrative professional whose responsibilities include HR.
Administrative HR for Beginners is a general introduction to the role and responsibilities of HR, as well as some advice on how to advance your HR responsibilities. Anyone interested in HR, management, or related disciplines can benefit from this course. There is no need for advanced preparation or requirements.
4. Hiring Practices by CourseraThe UCI Division of Continuing Education created the four-week course. It will show you how to figure out employee recruiting and retention, with a particular focus on workforce diversity. It will also teach you about the recruiting process, including how to interview others, how to test applicants, and how to do background checks. You'll learn one of the most crucial HR lessons here: how to keep and encourage new staff.
Course Link: https://www.coursera.org/learn/hiring-practices
5. Organisational behavior: Know your people by CourseraThis 19-hour course delves into a variety of concepts, philosophies, and strategies for navigating and optimizing one's workplace. The course, offered by Macquarie University, will introduce you to the most up-to-date best-practice leadership tactics. You'll learn how to analyze a team's performance by analyzing the role of team dynamics and makeup.
6. Managing Employee Performance by CourseraThis 15-hour training will show you how to get the best out of your workers. It emphasizes new recruit training as well as the need for a healthy work environment. You'll discover how to grow your personnel to achieve departmental and organizational objectives. You will have a basic understanding of performance management and its function in molding employees to fit the firm after completing this course.
Course Link: https://www.coursera.org/learn/employee-performance
7. Human Resources Analytics by CourseraThis course examines how technological innovation and cloud computing have become increasingly important in unlocking human potential. You'll discover how to make a deft decision based on data in this section.
The course, developed by the University of California at Irvine's Division of Continuing Education, covers tools and strategies such as the HR lifecycle, HR best practices, Data Analytics, and how to establish a strategic mentality.
8. Human Resources FoundationsWhatever line of business you're in, you must support the individuals that work there. This is where human resources enter the picture. HR expert Wayne Cascio delivers a detailed insight into the area of human resources in this course.
Wayne ensures that new HR professionals are well-versed in their primary tasks, which include everything from identifying, interviewing, and hiring people to developing a payment plan and developing internal training and development tools. Wayne also talks about HR's role in career development, performance management, and managing a global workforce.
9. Strategic Human ResourcesMove beyond administrative HR's concentration on payroll, forms, and procedures to a strategic focus on your most valuable asset: your employees. The components of strategic HR planning, according to HR expert Catherine Mattice, include assessing current needs, forecasting the future, and supporting the broader company strategy and vision.
She can assist you in defining your talent requirements as well as providing advice on how to recruit, onboard, train, compensate, manage, and engage personnel. She also assists you in tying training and other HR operations to business outcomes and returns on investment (ROI) to demonstrate to your leaders the genuine worth of your HR initiatives.
10. Human Resources: Compensation and Benefits(LinkedIn Learning)Companies must get compensation and benefits right if they want to recruit and retain outstanding people. Employees are more motivated to achieve in the workplace when they believe they are being adequately compensated for their efforts. This course covers the strategic decisions that employers must make when designing a whole rewards system.
When designing compensation structures, incentive systems, and benefit offerings, HR specialist Wayne Cascio considers management, policy, and legal challenges. He talks about how to set up an effective performance review process, how pay surveys influence salary and benefits decisions, and the significance of HR technology, among other topics.