What distinguishes a good platform? Advanced analytics data on your listeners, marketing tools to build your audience, social sharing choices, 24/7 support, and more are all available on the finest podcast hosting services. They may also contain services such as streaming compliance, file storage, and limitless bandwidth. They can also assist you in obtaining a free website and domain name.
10 Best podcast platforms to start Podcasting in 2022
Transister seeks to outperform the competition in two areas: private podcasts and superior analytics. Private podcasts are appropriate for individuals that want to limit access to their content to members exclusively, or even charge per stream of each piece of content. Transistor's analytics are particularly impressive, providing a fairly deep breakdown of listenership numbers such as average downloads per episode, total subscriptions, and listener trends.
On subscription plans, this platform offers unlimited, permanent storage and bandwidth ranging from 10,000 to 150,000 downloads/streams per month, depending on the plan. Website IntegrationAnalytics with Marketing and Monetization Support are included.
Website Link: https://transistor.fm
2. BuzzsproutBuzzsprout is one of the most user-friendly podcast hosting sites around. Their free plan allows you to upload two hours of footage that will be stored for 90 days. You can scale up and upgrade your package based on how many hours of content you need to upload every month if you're serious about podcasting. Buzzsprout hosts your files eternally and gives you unlimited storage and 250GB of bandwidth every month when you upgrade to one of their subscription plans, which range from $12-24 per month (enough for 20,000 to 40,000 downloads). It also boasts one of the most active podcast communities on Facebook, where its customer service handles any platform-related queries or concerns.
Website Link: https://www.buzzsprout.com/
3. PodBeanPodBean takes the guesswork out of podcast production. Sign up for a free account and upload your audio recordings to convert into a podcast. This way, you can concentrate on what you're saying while PodBean takes care of the rest.
It enables you to create a free website account to promote your podcast, distribute your podcast to all destinations where people get their podcast fix, monetize your podcast using the platform's built-in dynamic advertising system, increase engagement further with live audio streaming, and record, edit, and publish your podcast using the platform's native app for Android and iOS.
Website Link: https://www.podbean.com/
4. CaptivateCaptivate gives podcasters with all of the tools they need to have their voices heard. You won't have to worry about your podcast setup thanks to the platform's straightforward interface and 24/7 customer service.
It allows you to collaborate with an unlimited number of team members on all plans, promote your CTAs on your podcast player to help you increase conversions, integrate your podcast with your WordPress site using the CaptivateSync plugin, track the performance of your show using IAB-certified statistics and analytics, and link to popular podcast players like Overcast to broaden your show's reach and gain more subscribers.
Website Link: https://www.captivate.fm/
5. ResonateRecording, uploading, and publishing your podcast to your hosting service isn't always enough. You must ensure that the podcast's quality is acceptable and that it is appropriately launched. While Resonate Recordings may help you with these, it also provides a hosting platform to help you grow your podcast.
This allows you to upload and publish edited and pre-produced podcast files, distribute your podcast to multiple directories in a single click for increased reach, track the growth of your podcast by analysing its statistics on your dashboard, embed the most recent podcast episodes on your site so people can listen to them, and create a microsite or simple landing page to better engage with your podcast.
Website Link: https://resonaterecordings.com/
6. Blubrry PodcastingBlubrry provides you with all of the tools you'll need to start your podcast and share your ideas with your intended audience. However, the platform's turnkey Pro-Production Services, which provide done-for-you podcast episodes from its skilled in-house podcast team, set it apart.
This site includes a free WordPress site with all plans, the ability to publish and distribute your podcasts from your WordPress site using the PowerPress plugin, the ability to customise embeddable podcast players on your site pages or social media feed, the ability to receive insightful data about your audience via the platform's advanced analytics, and the ability to get email and phone support for all your podcast questions and concerns.
Website Link: https://blubrry.com/
7. LibsynSince 2004, Libsyn has been at the forefront of hosting users' audio content to its listeners, even before the term "podcasting" was coined. The platform continues to provide top-notch hosting features to all of its podcasters to this day.
You'll receive IAB-certified podcasting data to help you make a bigger impact and obtain better outcomes. It also allows you to spruce up your episodes on Apple to attract more listeners, integrate with the most popular podcast platforms and services using OnPublish, monetize your podcast by selling access to your content or opting into ads, and offers ad stitching tools, private podcasting, and other enterprise solutions.
Website Link: https://libsyn.com/
8. PodomaticTo entice you to sign up for their premium services, most podcasting systems offer limited trial periods. Podomatic flips the script by allowing people to sign up for free and enjoy unlimited audience growth.
It allows you to upload and store up to six hours (500 MB) of audio content for free, give listeners 15 GB of bandwidth (good for 180 hours) per month, connect with your Patreon account to build a paying audience, play your podcast on Facebook and Twitter feeds, and pay whenever you're ready to upgrade your account.
Website Link: https://www.podomatic.com/
9. SoundcloudSoundcloud, which is best known for broadcasting free music from up-and-coming artists and performers, has also evolved into a platform for podcasters to distribute their work.
On this platform, you can monetize your Soundcloud content with Repost, plan your podcast episode releases like a pro to build anticipation, improve the sonic quality of your audio files to match the quality of their content, receive exclusive partner offers for sample tracks and DAWs, and get free educational resources to help you make better sounding podcasts.
Website Link: https://soundcloud.com/
10. PodcastWebsitesIf you're new to podcasting and don't yet have a website, this is the ideal answer for you. PodcastWebsites simplifies the process of building a website to generate cash from your podcasting business.
The Podcast Success Academy provides training to assist you in launching a successful podcast. This allows you to create daily podcast backups and set up website security to ensure your website's safety at all times. It also integrates well with Fusebox's versatile podcast player, provides quality 24/7 support from experienced podcasters for your questions and concerns, and allows you to connect your site with email platforms such as MailChimp, Aweber, and Clickfunnels to effectively grow your subscriber base.
Website Link: https://podcastwebsites.com/
ConclusionThere are a lot of podcast hosting options out there, but we did our best to narrow them down to the top six – that should be plenty to cover most needs without being overwhelming.
The best part is that each of the podcast hosting services on this list offers a free trial, with some even offering entirely free permanent plans. So there's nothing stopping you from trying out podcasting. Remember that even the best podcasters had to work hard to break into the top ten, so set your goals and work with your podcasting host services to evaluate your data in order to achieve them.