You'll need to learn digital painting if you want to make cartoons, comics, characters, or crazy concept work.This entails acquiring two distinct skill sets: painting software (such as Photoshop) and drawing/painting on a tablet.We've covered some excellent books on digital painting, as well as a comprehensive buyer's guide on selecting the best tablet.
However, I believe that video classes are far more convenient for learning to digitally paint. They provide step-by-step instructions as well as a live demonstration from an expert. Many even provide Q&A sessions or mentorships to assist you in improving your abilities more quickly.
I've compiled a list of my 10 favorite online programs and courses to assist anyone interested in learning digital painting. It doesn't matter what kind of art you want to do or how skilled you are. There will be something for everyone on this list.
10 Best Courses to learn Digital Painting in 2022
1.The Ultimate Digital Painting Course - Beginner to Advanced by UdemyIn this course, you’ll learn digital painting techniques, drawing fundamentals, how to create concept art, color theory, character design, photo-realistic painting, and perspective. For this, you’ll need a drawing tablet with a stylus and drawing painting software.
In addition, you'll get direct access to both course teachers, Jaysen Batchelor and Austin Batchelor, as well as lifetime access to course materials, an understanding of how professional art is generated, quizzes, and downloadable tools.
And it's all contained within a single user-friendly interface. In addition, you will receive prompt, pleasant, and attentive help through the course's Udemy Q&A area or via direct message.
Checkout this course: https://www.udemy.com/course/the-ultimate-digital-painting-course-beginner-to-advanced/
2. Digitally Painting Light and Color: Amateur to Master by UdemyIn this course you get to learn how to paint realistic lighting and color schemes, how to paint various lighting conditions, how to understand and interpret real life lighting situations.
This course includes 5.5 hours on-demand video, 20 downloadable resources, Full lifetime access, Access on mobile and TV and Certificate of completion.
In addition, you will receive prompt, professional, and attentive help through the course's Udemy Q&A area or via direct message. There's also more than 5 hours of content and 20 downloadable files! You may argue that this training is quite illuminating.
Checkout this course: https://www.udemy.com/course/master-painting-light-and-color-amateur-to-advanced/
3. Learning Digital Painting With John Derry by Linkedln learningTo get started, all you need is some creative ideas, a computer, and the necessary software. The techniques taught by John Derry in this course will enable you to start making your own unique works of art even if you've never picked up a traditional paintbrush.
8 Quizzes are also included in this to test knowledge.
Checkout this course: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/learning-digital-painting
4. Getting Started with Digital Painting in Photoshop CS5 by PluralsightWith this series of tutorials, you'll look at how an artist might begin painting digitally in Photoshop. Photoshop CS5 or newer is required.
You’ll get full access to this course by subscribing to Pluralsight for ₹ 2,299 per month after the 10-day trial.
Checkout this course: https://www.pluralsight.com/courses/digital-painting-photoshop-29
5. Taking your Digital Painting to the Next level in Photoshop by Lawrence Mann on PluralsightIn this Course, we'll learn how to apply easy Photoshop techniques to transform a good digital painting into a fantastic digital painting. We'll look at a range of strategies for turning any image into portfolio gold in these courses. With only a few basic steps and some elbow work, we'll take a fine digital painting and turn it into a more dynamic, story-filled image. You'll be able to apply the same fundamental principles to your own illustrations in no time after watching this video. Photoshop CS5 is necessary software. You’ll get full access to this course for ₹ 2,299 per month after 10-day trial.
Checkout this course: https://www.pluralsight.com/courses/taking-digital-paintings-next-level-photoshop-1219
6. Drawing and Painting in Photoshop With Daniel Lieske on linkedln learningThis course is designed for artists who wish to take their analog talents and apply them to a digital canvas. In this course, you’ll gain the skill of digital painting, digital illustration and Adobe photoshop. Daniel Lieske in this course walks you through the design and execution of three entire illustration projects after demonstrating how to use Photoshop. This also provides a sharable certificate, and you can buy this course at just Rs. 1150.
Checkout this course: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/drawing-and-painting-in-photoshop
7. Complete Beginner's Guide to Digital Art by UdemyIn this course you’ll get to Learn the basics of line drawing, to make simple shapes, Understand the relationships between lines and shapes, to use lines and shapes to draw from observation, the basics of any digital art software and the basics of digital colouring. If you are beginner in this field then its one of the best choice for you.
Checkout this course: https://www.udemy.com/course/digital-art-101-from-beginner-to-pro/
8. Ultimate guide to digital Sketching: Beginner to Advanced by UdemyThis course will teach you how to digitally draw from life, as well as how to digitally sketch things and settings from your imagination. It will also show you how to improve your sketches using digital approaches. A digital drawing tablet of some sort is required. This course comes with 5.5 hours of on-demand video, 3 downloadable resources, lifetime access, mobile and TV access, and a certificate of completion.
Checkout this course: https://www.udemy.com/course/ultimate-guide-to-digital-sketching-beginner-to-advanced/
9. Learn How to Draw and Paint in Photoshop by UdemyIn this course, you'll learn how to use strong art tools like brush sets, pen tools, and selection tools to create dynamic drawing and painting abilities in Photoshop or any similar application, as well as how to progressively build up a drawing or painting using a logical approach. After completing the course, you'll have all of the resources and tools you need to begin creating your own digital paintings and sketches. You'll also have a thorough understanding of the techniques that professional artists utilise on a daily basis.
This course includes 1.5 hours of on-demand video, 9 downloadable resources, and unlimited access for the rest of your life. Access via mobile and television, as well as a certificate of completion.